2. OCR Revision Guides

OCR Revision Guides

New A-level 2015

The revision guides are split into six modules. The first module is practical work and I have written no guides for that.

Practical Guide OCR

Module 2

2.1.1 2.1.2 Atomic structure

2.1.3 amount of substance (updated March 2018)

2.1.4 acids (updated March 2018)

2.1.5 redox

2.2.1 Electronic Structure

2.2.2 Bonding and Structure

Module 3

3.1.1 periodicity

3.1.2 Group 2

3.1.3 halogens

3.1.4 Qualitative analysis

3.2.1 enthalpy changes (updated February 2018)

3.2.2 reaction rates (updated March 2018)

3.2.3 equilibrium (updated February 2018)

Module 4

4.1.1 revision guides basic concepts and hydrocarbons (updated February 2018)

4.1.2 revision guide alkanes

4.1.3 revision guides alkenes (updated February 2018)

4.2.1 revision guide alcohols (updated February 2018)

4.2.2 revision guide haloalkanes

4.2.3 organic synthesis (updated March 2018)

4.2.4 revision guide analytical techniques

Module 5

5.1.1 revision guide how fast(updated March 2018)

5.1.2 revision guide how far (updated April 2018)

5.1.3 revision guide acids bases and buffers (updated March 2018)

5.2.1 + 5.2.2 revision guide energy

5.2.3 revision guide redox and electrode potentials (updated February 2018)

5.3.1 revision guide transition metals (updated March 2018)

5.3.2 revision guide Qualitative analysis(updated March 2018)

Module 6

6.1.1 revision guide aromatic compounds

6.1.2 revision guide carbonyls

6.1.3 revision guide carboxylic acids and esters

6.2.1 revision guide amines (updated February 2018)

6.2.2 revision guides amino acids amides (updated February 2018)

6.2.3 revision guides polyesters and polyamides (updated February 2018)

6.2.4 revision guide carbon carbon bond formation

6.2.5 revision guides organic synthesis (updated March 2018)

6.3.1 revision guide chromatography and analysis(updated February 2018)

6.3.2 revision guide spectroscopy (updated February 2018)

Advertisements

65 thoughts on “2. OCR Revision Guides

1. Rohit

5-1-2
    on the partial fractions, the equation for partial pressures is wrong? Or have I missed something (partial pressure = mole fraction * TOTAL pressure?0

2. i love chemrevise

I’d just like to say thank you for making these revision guides. It has saved a lot of time in my revision and I like how it cuts straight to the point. It’s easy to read and understand.

3. Thomas Smith

Hello,
    I am sitting the OCR AS-level exam this summer, and I’m a bit confused with the change of syllabus. Do I need to know all of Modules 2, 3 and 4? And how are they split across the two exams?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Regards,
    Tom

4. nazmin

Hi, I think there is a mistake on the 5.3.1 transition metal revision notes. On the example of the optical isomers the first example of the isomer has 2 less hydrogen since for 2 of the NH2 it is written NH instead. Please correct if I am wrong since I am lacking in knowledge of optical isomers (there isn’t much notes on that topic).

Ps. I love your notes and I wouldn’t know what I would of done without them. They are really easy to understand and straight to the point. Thank you.

5. Mahdi

Hi what would you recommend in terms of past papers or questions. Not sure if I should do the old ones or what really

6. manesha

hello sir.. this year I am sitting for June a level exam 2016 for the bnew syllabus I have some queries for the notes given it has solved my confusion in certain point in chemistry but in this revision notes apply for Cambridge international exam… I am in a confusion

7. sophie

when will the revision notes for the new 2015 specification of OCR A chemistry be up. How different is the new OCR A specification compared to the old one. Thank you for producing these notes they are really helpful and i am able to grasp and understand things more better. all due to the fantastic notes you have produced.

1. qwerty

What differences are there specifically from the old and new spec? Also, are there many differences between ocr and AQA? Thanks, your revision guides are very good

1. Biochemist

Hello, thank you sir for your help. Can you please send me the link for OCR A Chemistry starting from Sept 2015. thank you

8. amisri786

Hi thank you so much – extremely helpful!!
    Will you be doing notes for the new OCR September 2015 spec ?

1. MissChem

Hi, I wanted to ask if the module 5 and 6 notes are complete for the new ocr a chemistry a-level spec. Also will you be adding the Arrhenius equation into the notes, relating to module 5?
        thank you soo much – Hope you have a grat year ahead!

9. somar2

Hi, your notes are fab, thanks so much. However, for the f322 module 4, in the equation about ozone depletion, it says CLO.(dot for radical) + O.

Surely only one of them can be a radical? Thanks again, you are amazing!!!

1. chemrevise Post author

I think I am right with the dots (in that all the substances written with them are radicals) but OCR don’t require you to write any dots with the equation.s.

10. ahmed

i want to donate some money perhaps. these notes are outstanding. i have done similar notes on OCR A which took me a year to make them because i was making sure to get all answers from mark scheme and then use them in my notes.

1. chemrevise Post author

No I have not done notes for the OCR B. A lot of the chemistry is similar to OCR A but the structure of the course is very different. There is some content unique to OCR B

11. saif

fantastic notes at last I found some very good notes for A-level chemistry….do recommend to any A- level student….
    Thanks a lot…